A limited number of grants are available to African delegates to cover travel, accommodation, and meals. In the event that your application is unsuccessful, we advise you to seek other funding as well. Kindly complete the online application and submit before or on 30 August 2023 (Closed).
For any queries kindly contact us at Kefiloe Masemola Kefiloe.Masemola@mrc.ac.za
Bursaries may include all or some of the following:
- Attendance at the conference
- Return economy class flight
- Accommodation for the duration of the conference
- Daily allowance for meals
Important information for applicants:
- Bursary recipients will be held liable for any/all expenses incurred if awardee does not attend the conference. Cancellations must be communicated at least 2 months before the event to avoid liability costs.
- Applicants would need to submit an abstract to qualify for a bursary.
- Bursary recipients must provide a letter from their Director/Supervisor supporting the bursary application as well as confirming the conference attendance. (Self-employed recipients are not required to submit this).
- Applications must include a summary of their CV (not longer than 1 page).
- Priority will be given to applicants from low- and middle-income countries.
- Bursary recipients will be responsible for their own travel costs in their countries, visa, day to day expenses, travel insurance and costs incurred for this.